Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Ever-Expanding Waistline


Oh sadness. I feel that I am on such a downward and slippery slope here. Though my eating habits are not superb (I am easily talked into eating bad things), I have been eating better than I used to. Yet I am still expanding... and not in a happy way. I dare not weigh myself right now. I shudder to think of what I am at right now. Hopefully not larger than when I started this venture, but I can't be sure. /sigh

So Lent is upon us. And though Christian, I do not usually give up something for the 40 days and 40 nights. However, this year I figured I should and will. However, there are contingencies to my idea. I am nixing the use of elevators. The contingency is if I'm with my roommate who has an injured foot and thus cannot take the stairs. I'm also giving up "multiple caffeine sources" per day. Meaning I am limited to only one coffee or soda a day. I would get rid of it completely but honestly I can't manage the withdraw headaches at the moment. I know that's not the point of Lent at all, but it's a smaller concession that I can handle for the time being.

Is anyone else celebrating Lent? If so, by all means feel free to share. :)

And any tips for a non-work-out gal would be great. <3

~M

3 comments:

  1. Well Megan, I think you're going to be all right. I don't think we should be totally obsessed with weight. I think there needs to be a healthy balance. I am actually trying to find it myself. For weeks I've been keeping the "food journal" and keeping track of work outs. What I have found with my hectic schedule & many, many children is that I can't do both. Basically, if I'm going to cook healthy meals for everyone, I don't have time to get a workout in. So there has to be some sort of compromise for me. I know for a fact that my family's eating healthy is very important - more important that me putting them into the daycare at the YMCA just so that I can get a 30 minute workout & then come home to eat... oatmeal? Or frozen pizza? No thank you. So I'm also starting small. Let's be realistic for the next month (and change) and do this. Park further away, make healthy choices that will nourish our bodies and help us to have energy (naturally). Who's with us? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it :) I need the support system for sure. Doing this on my own is tough. I don't want to force the roomie into a diet either so I don't want to stagnate her meal options to just what I need to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay with the exercise. In the long term it will be your life line.

    ReplyDelete