Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cardio Kills!



Hey guess what? I'm out of shape! Who knew? So as mentioned before, I'm changing my workout routine every other day so I don't get bored or too frustrated. I started out with 200 reps on my mini elliptical machine I have in my apartment with a 3lb weight in each hand for punches. That hurt. Then the next day I did a Denise Austin cardio routine DvD and that hurt. Plus she smiles wayyyy too much for the pain she was putting me in. If I heard her say "Doin great! Lookin Good!" one more time I was gonna cardio kick a hole in my TV. So to change it up again today I popped in a Special K 10 Minute Solutions DVD I got for Christmas. It's great because its designed with the Special K Challenge in mind. You can order it from Special K for "free" with Special K Stamps which I assume is something you get when you buy their food. Here's the link:

http://www.specialk.com/Promotions/Dvd

So this girl was less chipper about how great I was doing which was very refreshing. Her encouragement came in the form of explaining why I was doing each lunge or kick. "Imagine yourself in those short shorts. That's what this is for." That I can commit to. However, there will be no short shorts for me... maybe form fitting capris... but that's about it. :) Regardless, I like the cardio kickboxing routine. I feel silly dancing to hip hop whilst working out, so at least this is more like something I would train for. I still flail but it's a start.

So anyway, now I'm in pain. But at least I know it's doing something. I'll go back to the elliptical tomorrow I think, but this DVD will be helpful as well. I'll have to move my DVD player to my room though. I can't imagine working out to this in front of the roomie! lol. I'm sure I look like a hippo doing jumping jacks. :)

The diet is fine. I had my fruit and yogurt cereal this morning along with a One a Day Vita-crave vitamin. So far I'm not starving myself which is nice and different for me from diets in the past. My only concern now is where to go after these two weeks are up. What diet to try. I can't eat Special K for the rest of the year! Ideas? Something that won't make me revolt?

Time to go clean out my room and trek to Goodwill to donate our old china.

~ M

1 comment:

  1. It is also good to take a day of rest if you are in pain... Rest is important. You know, swimming laps is also a great way to get in shape in a hurry. I guarantee they have a pool just for you at the University in which you teach...

    ReplyDelete