Sunday, January 9, 2011

Woah I'm Halfway There!


And definitely living on a prayer lol. I am done with the first week of the Special K Challenge, and I'm feeling bittersweet. I like the plan and the support system they have in place, but I wasn't always good this week. So this weekend has put a kink in the diet and the blogging. My roomie is back in town and brought some of her family with her to visit and for us all to go to a NHL game in D.C. It was a TON of fun, but I know I wasn't as good as I should have been on the diet. It's hard to find health food in a sports arena. I also gave myself two days in a row to let my muscles rest. So this week I need to stay on track!

I was going to weigh myself today, but honestly I'm too scared to! I am pretty sure I haven't lost any weight. :( Now I do get that part of that may be muscle gain, but all the same, I'm not seeing too much of a difference yet. But I'm not discouraged. I did notice that I can run up two flights of stairs without feeling like someone just punched me in the gut... which is progress. :)

Tomorrow I'm back on track and hoping for a more steady week 2. I'm starting to research other diet plans for after the Special K challenge. I was considering Slim Fast, but they are sort of expensive and the food is more limited. I could continue Special K, but I don't want to get sick of the food and steer away from the goal. I figure I'll try something else for a while then do another 2 week challenge further down the road. But again, I'm up for ideas!

Goodnight all!

~ M

3 comments:

  1. You know I love you but how much weight do you think you should be losing each week, you dummy? You aren't big at all. You don't have weight to lose! My weight loss secret is I have found a healthy, comfortable weight that is my target. I give myself 5 pounds more or less as my window. When I weigh myself and I am nearing the top of my window, I just cut my portions in half and stop snacking and get moving more. Not just structured activities, more like dancing and playing with the kids. I think a strict diet is hard anytime, but life is so fast paced and stressful, who needs extra worries. Try to make it as natural and comfortable for you as possible, even if it means modifying it a fraction to suit you better, and you will have a much better chance at being successful. If you want a workout, just come by and do the Kinect Zumba with us, that should suffice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlene you're a sweetie! Sadly, I'm not as small as I once was. My first post set forth the goals for this. Essentially I'm trying to lose 30lbs by the end of the year. I weight 170 right now which is the largest I've ever been and doesn't look good on my smaller frame. Plus I'm out of energy. I was hoping to have lost at least a little weight this week with the switch in eating habits. But again, I know this is a process. I should (for my height and build) weigh around 140 and be comfortably in my BMI. I should try Zumba! Everyone loves it lol. I hope you and the lil ones are doing well <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a great option for your next phase, you should pick up the book "French Women Don't Get Fat". It is fun to read, includes recipes, and includes constant tips for how to casually and enjoyably change your whole life style - especially eating. The point of the book is to teach you how to eat for pleasure (yes please!). It includes things as simple as drinking one glass of water before bed and one as soon as you get up, tricks for eating a bit less - especially when you're out with people and don't want to be Diet Girl, and delicious alternative desserts, etc. She also tells you how best to gauge your progress (like how your clothes fit rather than what the scale says from day to day).

    I'm still trying to parasitize your motivation, so please keep up the good work and blog until I can get back to school and join you. :)

    ReplyDelete