Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Out with the Old... Revamping the Home


Day Two of the diet is going well thus far. Although, I am craving some Dunkin Donuts munchkins right about now. :( My body is in full revolt of this new "physical activity" idea. I did a cardio DVD today for... wait for it... 15 whole minutes, and I thought I was dying. Way to go Meg. You are officially a lazy ass. :) But at least I kept up with the workout routine. Although, I'll bet my neighbors got a good laugh as I did it in front of our huge living room window! It will be worth it in the end though, right?

Special K diet and exercise aside, I'm slowly redoing my universe... i.e. the apartment. My roomie and I are both pack rats and sloppy ones at that. It's sad because I used to be fairly neat. Not anal, OCD neat, but much more organized than this current version of myself. That has GOT to change. I'd say that the only tension I carry around in my home is the lack of beauty and organization that is surrounding me. I'm sure Kristen, the roomie, would agree. This space is NOT currently conducive to doing efficient work. I just hope she won't flip out with my new "I wanna redo my life!" attitude.

So I'm starting small. I'm surprising roomie with new dishware. When I was celebrating the New Year in Pennsylvania I visited the Wilton Armetale store my sister masterfully works at. I proceeded to buy a Jeep-full of stainless cookware and a new 32 piece set of china (see above photo for the design). There are both black and white pieces, all with the "Reggae" design. I'm simply in love with them. So today I packed up our old mismatched dishware and will ship them off to our thrift store in the morning. The new stuff has been washed and put away. I went ahead and reorganized our kitchen counters while I was at it. So the kitchen looks better! YAY! Now... my room and desk need overhauling. The sad part is that I'm so anxious to do all of this I just want it done quickly. The sooner I realize that is NOT going to happen, probably the better off I will be. I need to pace myself.

In the meantime I'm looking for a new planner for 2011. I've been looking at Covey planners on my friend Christine's recommendation, but I'm having a hard time finding one! Any ideas? I'd love a GMU planner like I had last year but they don't have them listed on the website. *Sadface*

By the way if you all are interested in Wilton Armetale (which you should be cause it is AMAZING) you should go to their website. Support my sister's store!

www.armetale.com

Tomorrow lets see how much I can get done to my room before Kristen returns from her family's home. :) Plus a new workout DVD to try!!!

Cheers,

~ M

3 comments:

  1. in case you get tired of work out videos and want to do some running- this worked super well for me http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

    i hope this all goes well! I started making changes last year around this time, and I lost 20 lbs! You can do it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be consistent and make sure you stick with it. Little steps at a time. Instead of saying "get in better" shape you may very well commit to exercise for 30 (More or less is okay) minutes 3-5 times a week instead...This makes it easier to attain...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg-

    Thought I would check out your blog. Good for you girl! FYI don't get discouraged if you don't drop any wait the 1st couple of weeks. When you start working out for the first time your muscles tear and store water, which weighs a lot. Your body will flush it in a couple of weeks and you will get a big sudden drop. Just stick with it! I'm working on shedding my holiday/honeymoon pounds myself now.

    ReplyDelete