Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Need Fast Food




Don't panic. It's a play on words. (Though I do miss McDoubles). I need fast or easy made and portable foods for lunches on campus. Especially on Mondays and Wednesdays. I already feel into running behind and grabbing a bagel at Dunkin along with my coffee (which follows healthier parameters). However, this is a money sink and it won't help me lose weight.

What ideas do you have? I've ended up taking a Special K bar and some Soup at Hand to work with me this week. By the time I get to class I'm starving! Then I run the risk of totally gorging myself when I get home.

So any ideas or possible solutions would be fantastic! ;)

On the recommendation of my good friend Cora, I have purchased the book "French Women Don't Get Fat." It should be arriving any day and I'm excited to check it out! :)

In the meantime, I'll probably get some good exercise in from shoveling all the snow we got last night. That was ridiculous!

Best,
~ M

6 comments:

  1. I heard it snowed pretty good up there. Did they cancel classes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meals:
    ~chocolate soy milk smoothie with banana (and peach!) and a sprinkle of vanilla protein powder
    ~scrambled eggs
    ~homemade eggwich (you don't have to cut out bagels completely, m'dear!) 1 egg, 1 bagel sliced and toasted, 1 thin slice of cheese

    ~Morning Star veggie burgers (buns, a thin slice of cheese, spinach, tomato, and raspberry walnut vinagrette)-- grill/toast the burger in the morning and bring it to work and just heat it up in the microwave. I do it all the time.

    ~pepper-spinach stuffed mushrooms (I can give you my recipe. They make a bunch at one time and keep for at least a week so you can just take one or two for lunch or dinner in a to-go box!)

    ~sugar snap peas and enough Parmesan Peppercorn dressing (Ken's Healthy Option) to dip

    ~grapefruit with a sprinkle of sugar or sugary-wannabe (usually my lunch)


    Snacks:
    ~crackers and cheese
    ~banana and peanut butter
    ~Dole pineapple or apple chunks in yoghurt and oates

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby carrots with a hummus single (they sell them at my grocery store or at costco/sams)...easy to toss in your bag. If you need something crunchy/salty, try making popcorn yourself, not the bagged stuff. You can get a "WhirlyPop" at target or even just use the big pot you normally use to cook spaghetti. Also keep almonds on hand--raw if possible--and toss an apple in your bag. It might not hurt to even pick up an old school lunch box so your banana or apple doesn't get squished. good luck, meg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps this is Kristin from CNU (formerly Brickley!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kristin!! How are you? Thank you for the advice. I do love hummus <3

    ReplyDelete