Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day Four Diet: Namaste



On the request of a few different people, I am taking it easy today exercise-wise. I planned on using the little elliptical here, but when I woke up I could barely move! Thus, I've upped my water intake and decided on some Yoga to relax and stretch. Let me just say this... as someone who really has never done Yoga, that shit is NOT easy. It is yet one more reminder that I have been out of the game for a while! I used to be incredibly flexible and agile. Today I kept grunting and groaning and scolding the woman on the DVD that people's bodies just don't bend that way! :) But I do feel looser which is nice. And I would like to keep up with the Yoga. I felt better, not exhausted, when I was done. Tomorrow I'll do some small exercises in the morning and then take a break from it on Saturday. I'm going to a hockey game anyway so I don't think doing the downward facing dog in the middle of the Verizon Center is uber appropriate! :)

Food-wise I'm a little hungry, but it's still better than before. I got a Subway sub yesterday which was a nice treat. I do believe some coffee may be in the works though. I'm starting to get caffeine headaches since I haven't had much of it lately. I haven't had a soda in well over a week which is massive for someone like me!

The last good thing I've found out with this diet is the Facebook link that Special K has. They offer a discussion board for other women and men who are doing the challenge. It's good to see that others have the same questions as me and sooo many are willing to offer up advice! :) Not sure what I'm going to cook up for dinner tonight, but it's gonna get chilly, so some Progresso Light soup may be nice, as well as a toasted roast beef and provolone sammy. :)

Namaste!

~ M

2 comments:

  1. perfect! You listened to your body!!! This is a lifestyle change and it comes gradually.

    As long as you are consistent you will notice a difference.

    While I am at it I want you to know your body adapts to routine very quickly so switching things up is paramount to your success. Plus switching things up keeps you from getting bored!!!

    Cheers,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! My hero!
    Yoga can be silly, intense, or wondrous, so just be adaptive and keep it up. Maybe we could meet in DC sometime soon to do a yoga class together. I need to get back on my game, get stretchy again, and get in shape to be a bridesmaid. Always more fun with friends!!
    Good job, sweet pea!

    ReplyDelete